Articles

Print

KALENDARIUM:

VII w. – there arises castle in the Old Drawsko on the isthmus between the lakes Drawsko and Żerdno

Ok. 1120castle in the Old Drawsko destroyed by warriors of Boleslaw Krzywousty

19.XI 1286Przemyslaw II (Duke of Wielkopolska and Krakow) gives for Templars suitable lands located on the Drava, around the Lake Drawsko

XIII w. – Askańczycy from Mark Brandenburg give family von Besskow suitable lands in the vicinity of today's Siemczyno, while the land in the vicinity of today's Broczyno is given family von Goltz. Establishment of village Heinrichsdorf, probably by one of the Templar named Heinrich.

1292 – family von der Goltz bought from the family von Besskow part of the village Heinrichsdorf

1312 – denouement of Knights Templar, the surrounding land with part of Heinrichsdorf given into the hands of the Joannites

1360 – 1366 – Construction of the castle Drahim

1361 – Master of the Order of the Joannites Hermann von Werberge gives fief brothers Ludekinowi and Georg von der Goltz village Blumenwerder (Piaseczno) and other goods (Broczyno, Machliny, Karsibór) 

1368Czaplinek earth with Siemczyno is connected to Poland

1407 – Goltzowie acquire village Reppow (Rzepowo) and make it the seat of the so-called white branch of the family (black branch settled in the Old Worowo and Kłębowiec)

1407 – Army of Wladyslaw Jagiello gained castle Drahim

1422Neumark squad wins half the castle Drahim

1426 – Wladyslaw Jagiello visits the castle in Drahim

1513 – brothers John, Konrad, Sobald and Alexander von der Goltz buy part of the village Heinrichsdorf and part of the forest Kaleńsko as a free property

XVI w. – construction of the half-timbered manor house in Reppow (Rzepowo)

1546 – construction of an evangelical church in Reppow (Rzepowo)

1554Death of Heinrich von der Goltz

1555construction of an evangelical church in Blumenwerder (Piaseczno)

1560the construction of the church and an evangelical rectory and a second family residence in Heinrichsdorf

1597 – King Zygmunt III confirms Goltzów ownership 

1640the construction of the manor in Heinrichsdorf by Balthazar von der Goltz

21.VII 1655Polish border crossed near Heinrichsdorf by the Swedish army under the command of Field Marshal Arvid Wittenberg. The beginning of "Swedish Deluge"
1657burning castle Drahim by retreating Swedes

1657(November) - the army of Stefan Czarnecki stopped at winter quarters in Heinrichsdof and surrounding villages

1658Stefan Czarniecki led troops launched for the Swedes. Camps leaves in Czaplinek (Tempelburg)

1668Great Elector of Brandenburg takes Starostwo Drahim as collateral for the outstanding debt by the Polish king

1699the construction of the chapel of von Goltz next to the half-timbered church in Heinrichsdorf

1700 – 1721Northern War (the Polish-Swedish). Swedes, Poles, Saxons and the Russians in Heinrichsdorf.

1712 – 1713plague by retreating Swedish troops. Henning Berndt von der Goltz flees to the farm Kaleńsko. Founding image to commemorate the end of plague.

przed 1722enlarging property by Goltz, setting up a distillery in Heinrichsdorf

20.III 1722start of construction of the palace by Henning Berndt von der Goltz

19.XI 1726Completion of the palace as the new seat of the family von der Goltz in Heinrichsdorf. {Construction cost 9000 crowns. Stately home on the shape of a horseshoe, with a terrace in the middle of a length of 122 feet (~ 35.38 m) and a width of 72 feet (~ 20.88 m) high on two floors with the front side and three on the back. The palace had hall, which led double oak staircase. The palace had a room (high to 4.5 m) social, residential and sleeping, knights room, open fireplaces and huge stoves}.

1726at the Diet of Grodno Republic decides to buy the county Drahim (money collected, but for redemption has not been done)

1734 – death of Henning Berndt von der Goltz, owner and founder of the palace in Heinrichsdorf. Wealth is to his wife Ilse Catherine (nee Heydebreck)

1745 – brothers Casimir Joachim and Franz Günter include asset management

1746Count Friedrich Wilhelm von Szwedt, grandson of the great Elector and brother-in-law of King Frederick the Great arrives revisited the castle Heinrichsdorf

1756 – 1763Seven Years' War, the Russians plundered property, cow plague

1772Goltz fortune after the first partition of Poland passes under the sovereignty of Prussia

30.IX 1773
Starostwo Drahim ruled by Prussia (under the first partition of Poland)

1786 Reppow and Blumenwerder are sold to the king of Prussia, Frederick William II

1793Casimir Joachim von der Goltz sells the property Heinrichsdorf, together with the palace litigation counsel, chamberlain of Prussia Augustus Heinrich von Arnim

1796 Heinrich August von Arnim buys Reppow and Blumenwerder. Expanding the palace in Heinrichsdorf (build up southern wing of bedrooms and rooms for guests)

1800new farm buildings were built up

1807Napoleon's Legion North, and most of all branches of General Vincent plunder the palace

1856 family von Arnim funded construction of a new church in Heinrichsdorf

1895von Arnim family sold the palace to Mrs. von Puttkamer

1905 owner of the palace is the Frankfurt banker Adolf Marwitz

1906Erik von Borcke bought the palace

1907 the palace and the surrounding estates are owned by Hartwig von Bredow, and Masha. Starting a thorough renovation of the palace (including among other things building up northern wing, which carry the kitchen) and change of park

1920
construction near the Church of multi-family residential buildings for employees of assets

IV 1927Death of Baron Hartwig von Bredow

Po 1933breaking up the assets of von Bredow

1.III 1945ordered to evacuate residents from Heinrichsdorf

4.III 1945
the entry of Soviet troops and Polish to Heinrichsdorf

III 1945 – Heinrichsdorf village was given Polish name Henrykowo

1945
–  assets of family von Bredow deal with the Russians. Palace as a hospital and later headquarters for Soviet officers

III 1946Russians are leaving the village. Palace and farm takes over the Polish state

1947They changed the name of the village Henrykowo a new Siemczyno

1948breaking siemczyńskiego assets, the rise of the so-called "Minority interests" (which included the lands remaining after parceling) under the management of GS Czaplinek

1949 formed PGR Siemczyno

1950 – as the efforts of the first Polish teacher Henryk Leszczynski in the palace formed primary school

1953 liquidation of PGR Siemczyno. The establishment of the Agricultural Production Cooperative "Ear" in Siemczyno

19.III 1960 – Palace entered in the register of monuments under No. 249 

12.VI 1980 Park entered in the register of monuments under the number 1103

1985decision is made to close the primary school in the palace

1985 – 1989 The palace is not used and the declines

1990Municipality Czaplinek sells the palace to private owners

1990 – 1999the palace is not used and decays (moreover, the private owner of a debt burden it through its mortgage)

1999after buying at auction bailiff part of the palace and repurchases of the remaining part the family Andziak becomes owner of the palace in Siemczyno

2002 – brothers Bogdan and Zdzislaw Andziak acquire all of the ailing cooperative farm buildings surrounding the palace

2004The inauguration of the annual celebration of "Henry's Days"

14.XII 2005Registering of Henry's Association in Siemczyno

VI 2009Restoration and commissioning of part of the grange (former piggery, barn, barn and outbuilding)

2010The creation of the ceramic workshop in the building of the former smithy

styczeń 2011Buying palace park from the Municipality Czaplinek after 11 years of effort

HISTORY:

The first mention of the village comes from 1292 years. Its founder was a knight named Heinrich and his name was called village Heinrichsdorf (Henrykowo). This village in the years 1368-1772 belonged to the Polish Kingdom. During this time, part of the village was owned by the von der Goltz, which included the villages Rzepowo, Piaseczno, Warniłęg and Broczyno.

July 21, 1655 the year here in Siemczyno Swedes crossed the border of the Republic of flooding later the entire country. In the years 1722-1726 Hening Berndt von der Goltz built a new headquarters for his family - the biggest in the region, a baroque palace. There is reason to believe that the inspiration for its construction gave the Prussian King Frederick the Great, who stopped here while traveling from Berlin to Königsberg. The eldest son Hening General Berndt Georg Conrad reached the highest honors and military ranks in the service of King Frederick the Great. On the pedestal of the monument of King Frederick the Great in Berlin Under Linden Allee is there it among the most distinguished officers surrounding the king. Monument stands to this day.

At the beginning of the eighteenth century. Siemczyno was on the route of the march of troops participating in the Great Northern War (1700-1721). The village was invaded and plundered by the army: Swedish, Polish, Saxon and Russian. These troops przywlokły to the village plague called "black death" that depopulated village. Again, during the Seven Years' War (1756-1763) Siemczyno was robbed by a marching army Cossack. At that time the Palace was quartered well by high-ranking Prussians.

In 1772 Siemczyno became part of the Prussian. In 1793 the weath came into the hands of Heinrich August von Arnim, who built up a palace with the southern wing and built new facilities. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the nineteenth century once again the palace was robbed by marching through the village on Russia, Napoleon's army. At the turn of the nineteenth/twentieth Siemczyno area got into the hands of Mrs. von Puttkamer, then a banker from Frankfurt Adolf von Marwitz, then Erice von Borcke to finally become the property of Mascha and Hartwig von Bredow (1907). They palace restored to its former glory. After Hitler came to power, the country estate of the family von Bredow was partially parceled out. During the war in the village they were on forced robots prisoners of war (Poles, French and Russian).

At the beginning of 1945. Most of the residents, including the family von Bredow, fled from the approaching front deep into Germany. March 4, 1945 r. Polish soldiers occupied the village. Real family von Bredow took the Soviets. Equipment of the palace was mostly looted or destroyed. The village was inhabited by Poles expelled from the area of present-day Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, and the Polish central and Podkarpacie. To 1947 village was called Henrykowo, then changed its name to the current Siemczyno. On the basis of an estate of von Bredow acted agricultural cooperative production. Today Siemczyno village has only 393 inhabitants and is aging.

The abandoned, looted and neglected palace, thanks to the determination of village teacher, there was established in 1950 primary school, which operated until 1986. In the summer from 1959 to 1985 there was a summer camp for children.

Abandoned and devastated palace and buildings of an estate were bought in 1999, by brothers Bogdan and Zdzislaw Andziak. Today it is the pride of both its owners and residents of Siemczyno. Restoring and upgrading facilities assets, at the same time decided to refer to the age and history of the village culture and good traditions of the old and new residents. In this spirit it was tied Henry's Association in Siemczyno since 2004, every year in July, there are organized Henry's Days in Siemczyno. They are to be a bridge between the past and the present. Every year the program is richer and grander, and the involvement of residents, municipal authorities and the district higher. Eminent participants of these days are members of the House von Bredow with its President Mathias von Bredow (grandson of the pre-war owners of the property).

One of the places worth visiting while spending holidays on the Drawsko Lake District is the Palace Siemczyno. It is located near the town of Czaplinek. It was built between 1722-1726 by Baron Henry Bernard von der Goltz. Construction of the palace lasted four years (1722-1726) and cost nine thousand crowns. Stately home on the shape of a horseshoe, with a terrace in the middle of a length of 122 feet (~ 35.38 m) and a width of 72 feet (~ 20.88 m) high on two storeys from the front side, three on the back, had a lobby from which led double oak staircase, high at 4.5 meters room social, living and sleeping quarters, a knight's room, open fireplaces and huge stoves. Baron Goltz built this impressive palace for his large family. It is not known who carried out the building project. You can see, however, that the palace was modeled on the French residential buildings. It is made in the Baroque style. The building is covered with a mansard roof. The main entrance to the building is preceded by a staircase. Unfortunately, the old equipment is little. However, you can see parts of two old fireplaces, as well as the remains of the oven made with Dutch tiles.

In 1796 it was expanded  byHenryk August von Arnim. Heinrich von Arnim made the expansion of the southern wing of the palace, where he put bedrooms and guest rooms in the last years of the eighteenth century. Arnims erected new farm buildings along the main road, with a tower and entrance gate to the yard. After the death of Heinrich August the goods were managed by his sons. In the second half of the nineteenth century Siemczyno with its 2,408 hectares of land was one of the largest estates in our area, acting third largest, among the twenty-seven neighboring properties. Unfortunately, the family von Arnim began to fall into debt, so to worse prosperous wealth decided to its sale in 1895. The new owner was Mrs. von Puttkamer and that is by the year 1905. In 1905, the palace redeemed banker from Frankfurt Adolf Marwitz. In 1906 the Palace from Eric von Marwitz was bought by Borcke. In 1907 Eric von Borcke sold the palace for Hartwig and Masha von Bredow. They decided to restore the palace to its former glory. Von Bredows made renovation of the palace and it extends on the north wing, where the cellars transfered utility rooms such as the kitchen and laundry facilities, and transformed the palace park. The evacuation of the village associated with the retreat of troops of the Third Reich took place in the beginning of 1945, but already in 1944 as a result of pessimistic news from the front and negative moods, some residents began to flee to the West. Masha von Bredow left the palace at the beginning of March 1945 - the eve of the invasion of Polish troops. Siemczyno was occupied by the troops of the 1st Infantry Division 6 Polish Army on March4, 1945 year. There was in the palace field hospital. Period spring '45 was a time of chaos accompanying the Soviet power, displacement of the population, the emergence of looters. Equipment of the palace was mostly looted. Thanks to the determination of rural teacher Henryk Leszczynski in 1950. It was located in the palace looted and neglected primary school. The school was operating there until 1985. During the holidays it housed a summer camps. By the end of 1989, the palace was not used and declined. In 1990 the palace was sold to private owners who do not care about it, and even go into debt by debiting his mortgage. Only the efforts of the brothers Andziak after the auction bailiff became their full property. This occurs in 1999.

OWNERS CHRONOLOGICALLY:

 - family von Besskow - up to 1292


- family von der Goltz - 1292 - 1793


 - family von Arnim - 1793 - 1895


 - von Puttkamer - 1895 - 1905


- Adolf Marwitz - 1905 - 1906


- Eryk von Borcke - 1906 - 1907


- Masha and Hartwig von Bredow - 1907 - 1945


- Polish State Folk 1945 - 1989 (1950-1986 - the Primary School in Siemczynie)


- family Łuczak and Jaśniewscy - 1989 - 1999


- Zdzisław i Bogan Andziakowie - 1999 up to now

 


Built by Henning Berndt von der Goltz palace is one of the architectural gems around the Drawsko Lake District. Surrounded by a picturesque park palace was built between 1722-1726 in Baroque style. The facade of the building faces the road running through the village. On both sides of the vast courtyard there are located in the annexe, a complex of farm buildings erected parallel to the national road No. 20, leading from Czaplinek to Złocieniec. The courtyard was entered through a gate once having pillars with shaped heads, which were set statues of geniuses holding escutcheons. According to Roman mythology geniuses were half-god beings that caring for men guided their destiny and ensure happiness. The building of the palace consists of three main parts. The central part built by Henning Berndt von der Goltz (1722-1726) on the shape of a horseshoe with a terrace on the east side. The south wing was built by the next owner of the estate Heinrich August von Arnim on a rectangular plan in 1796. The north wing was built by Hartwig von Bredow at the beginning of the twentieth century. Also on a rectangular plan with a link to the central part. The oldest central body of the palace has two floors, like the southern wing. All parts of the building have cellars. Centra body clellars have monastery ceilings and cross, south wing ceilings, central and northern Klein'a.Korpus is topped with a mansard roof and side wings side-kind roofs. Especially attractive feature of this monument is well-preserved eighteenth-century roof trusses, which can be viewed by entering the winding stairs to the attic. The Goltz built a palace with a huge flourish, according to the canons of contemporary fashion. Apart from the function residential palace also had a representative character. On the ground floor there is a three-speed staircase railings richly decorated with ornaments and plant life-size statues of Roman legionnaires, which today can be admired in the Regional Museum in Szczecinek. Representative role, it was also a lounge having access to the terrace. Today's paintings adorning the walls and ceilings of the living room are made at the beginning of the twentieth century .Original eighteenth-century appearance of the palace interiors give a fairly well preserved fireplaces. The first is in the music room and a border furnace developed in marble, horseshoe-shaped. In the adjoining living room once called hunting, and later dining area, features an original fireplace composed of hearth and superstructure with the image of a dog. In another living room features a third fireplace lined with hand-painted Dutch tiles of 1726 which are decorated with allegorical scenes genre. Very interesting is the fact that from the park of the palace building was equipped with an external staircase propagated in the middle of the floor to the sides, as evidenced by traces of resistance arcades. Fragment still preserved external stairs from 1900.


Manor Farm is a large, winged set, with a tower in the middle of buildings. Left wing built by the family von Arnim approx. 1800. Tower and right wing built by Meta von Puttkamer before the end of the nineteenth century. These magnificent buildings tower over village Siemczyno. Construction of farm accelerated the development of animal production in this property. In the left wing, there was a barn (now a concert hall) corridor feed and bilateral positions tided cows. Against one wall there were watering pens for calves. Above the barn there was spacious loft (currently sleeping rooms) for roughage. In the middle part is a multi-storey tower with a passing gatehouse, which is on the upper floors, it was used for grain storage. Currently, the ground floor is used as a hotel Foyer, the first floor is the link between the rooms and the second and third floor of the club. On the right side we have another wing of the building. Historically, in the part adjacent to the tower (approx. 1/3) it was a horse stable manor and later in modern for those times piggery with a central corridor for feeding and pens sides. In the outer wall of the courtyard they were made small doorways, combining pens with openings for the courtyard. The runs in the open air, by contemporary standards, veterinary guarantee good health bred pigs. Currently at the bottom there is the recreation room (brick hall), and on the floor there are hotel rooms. In the next part there was a horse stable manor. It is now a high-storey dining room. To the wing manor adjacent outbuilding, where the workers lived, and now there are agritourism rooms.

The distillery used to be a part of Siemczyno grange. This is a big story building with sloping roof and stone walls. It was a grange distillery, which ceased to produce alcohol after the war. After leaving the village the Russians have removed most important device, which made that it later has not started. In the 80s the building partially was bricked up (window openings) and plastered by allocating in it the major part of the warehouse. The remaining part of the former distillery is inhabited by two families. The distillery was founded probably at the beginning of the eighteenth century. In the history of the palace there is a mention that a well doing Henning von der Goltz before the construction of the palace, built and launched the distillery, which testified to that at least part of the underground and ground floor dates from the early eighteenth century.


Park is entered in the register of monuments under Reg. No. 1103 of June 12, 1980. Covers an area of more than 3 hectares, it was founded in the eighteenth century. It stretches south of the palace. There are oaks, lindens, maples, spruce, beech, hornbeam in it among other spieces. To the palace the hornbeam hedges lead, a high for 2 - 3 m, regularly cut before the worl war second. For 50 years, unshaped hornbeams took the form of a tree, and for the lead alleys with characteristic distortion at the height of the old formation. To the park on the south side adjoins the old ponds, connected by a ditch with a lake Wilczkowo.

Establishment of park and palace in Siemczyno is one of the few surviving today baroque garden complexes in north-western Poland. It is a place where you can find living history in the form of architectural elements (manor-farm) and green (park).

The palace was designed as a comprehensive headquarters, referring to French design residential buildings with a distinctive layout. A feature of such assumptions was the alignment of the composition. To the facade of the building there was an avenue, which was one of the viewing axis. In this type of economic assumptions yard was away from the palace, and the building was a garden. In Siemczyno we can see a very clear residue avenue leading to the entrance to the palace. It is quite clear fragment layout of this assumption in the village. At the end of the alley is a neo-gothic church with the adjacent chapel coming to 1699. However, it is not a part of the axis, as it is in relation to the slightly inclined.

Establishment of garden was founded in the seventeenth century, when the family  von der Goltz was the owner of Siemczyno. Park occupying an area of about 3 ha was established in the Baroque style. Since 1907 the owner of Siemczyno was Hartwig von Bredow, who rebuilt the park. He also transformed the south-eastern part of the establishment, giving it a naturalistic character. During this period, the assumption Garden probably was cut with the road, which destroyed the whole axis system.

Park on the south side is connected with a small forest complex, which probably formed part of the foundation. The park can be divided into two parts. The first of them is part of the regular, in which there are avenues of hornbeam, linden and indenter with the stream. The second part is irregular part of the garden. There are, however, in the elements characteristic of the Baroque: beauty garden, indenter and the water reservoir of regular shape. Garden cabinet otherwise known as a living room or garden room is a small, inside boskiet (accommodation garden, which was planted with trees) square. It is surrounded by molded vegetation, in which the most importatnt are limes. Another characteristic element, which we admire in the park in Siemczyno is lawn, rectangular in shape, with reduced middle part, technically called the indenter. It is often used theme in baroque gardens, which emphasizes the important place of the park, adding to his landscapes.

park siemczyno

 

Elaboration: Dr inż. Anna Dudzińska and mgr inż. Marzena Jeleniewska